Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Victory Song

Good memories from last night:

-Joshua Sacco performs the "Miracle" pregame speech, tailored to the Red Sox.
-Pedro throws out the first pitch.
-I yell "See-see ya later!" as we finally chase C.C. Sabathia out of the game in the sixth inning, which draws a laugh (at least from me).
-Steven Tyler performs "God Bless America" and Neil Diamond comes out to do "Sweet Caroline" live (he stumbles through it a little, but Red Sox Nation helps him).
-Pedroia hits a long high fly ball to left. I have a bad angle, but (stay fair, stay fair...) it's over the monster! Tie game. Didn't he hit a homer on opening day last year? Isn't he roughly hobbit-sized? How does he DO that?
-Youkilis goes 3-for-4 and is basically as tremendous as ever.

This morning on the plane, I felt sick as hell- maybe related to my lack of sleep, but I have done worse before- so I am taking the day off. But now it is afternoon and warm and sunny and so, in light of this Ditty Bops cautionary tale, I am pretty much obliged to take my bike out.

I sat Miguel Cabrera today in favor of Michael Cuddyer. This might be foolish, but I am scared of Greinke.

In titling this post, I accidentally typed "Another Victory Dong," which is a pretty sweet typo.

No comments:

Post a Comment