Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Grey Unyielding Concrete Makes a City of my Town

Oberlin has high-rises now. Well, not too high, but higher than anything else. They say they are sustainable, so I suppose they are still Oberlin-ish and I dig that. But it makes me sad. And also a little glad, because I'm looking forward to being 60ish in that town and sitting around sipping whiskey and yelling at students about how different things were when I was a kid. They won't care, but some of them will be awkwardly polite, so they'll have to listen anyway.

The newest thing that my hair is doing is that it is all growing back, but it is white now. Not blond, white. So that's interesting. I was shaving it regularly, but I think I am gonna let it grow now that it is summer. I figure by the time I start teaching again, I will look like this:



2 comments:

  1. My endgame is that when a student comes to whine about their grade, I can just be all like, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS."

    Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem more than usually obsessed with Gandalf these days.

    Also, I don't think three stories qualifies as a high-rise. But I share the sentiment nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete